Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NTFS HDD mounting in 'read-only' mode

Re: NTFS HDD mounting in 'read-only' mode

I purchased NTFS for mac in 2019 and I thought I've been using it all this time. However, just today I discovered that my ntfs external drives all show up as read-only (I guess I have only been using my mac formatted drives recently). I am at a loss to know why. I tried to open a support ticket. But it wants to know what product and doesn't list my product. So I go to Register new product [?] and it won't let me choose NTFS for Mac. At this point, I'm at a dead end. I can't open a support ticket and I can't Register New Product. What is my next step?

I have resolved this for myself by unmounting the drive and mounting it again. The green light is what you want

shameful to sell a product with such massive issues documented by many users without notifying people when they're purchasing that hey, it might not work, and we won't support you. Do they have places we can leave them bad reviews?

I had this problem. On an iMac, OS version Ventura.

I fixed it by uninstalling Paragon and erasing the external hard drive in Disk Utility, choosing to reformat it in a Mac-OS format. This made it writeable.

I hope someone finds this useful.

Реклама на сай

это хорошо

I just purchased, and two (NTFS) HDDs are both read-only:

* WD Blue 4TB
    * Toshiba

I have tried restarts of the system, unmounting/mounting, one drive at a time etc but the HDDs mount read-only.

Very disappointed to see customers without a solution!

I have opened a support ticket and will post updates here when I have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle G View Post
    I just purchased, and two (NTFS) HDDs are both read-only:

* WD Blue 4TB
    * Toshiba

I have tried restarts of the system, unmounting/mounting, one drive at a time etc but the HDDs mount read-only.

Very disappointed to see customers without a solution!

I have opened a support ticket and will post updates here when I have them.
    SOLUTION: drives are now read/write!

First off, Paragon came through for me via their Support Ticket: it took two replies, both were prompt, professional and importantly, provided the solution. They asked for Verbose Logs from Paragon NTFS, from which they identified leftover files and drivers from previous apps (iBoySoft NTFS) that were potentially causing problems. The advice was to remove these, and it worked!

1. Uninstall Paragon NTFS via the App (rather than delete the app from Applications).
    2. Reboot
    3. Make sure I have uninstalled any old/leftover NTFS apps (I had, but only by deleting them from Applications)
    4. Remove any old drivers via the terminal commands:

NOTE: these commands are specific to iBoySoft NTFS users wishing to remove leftover drivers from their installation:
    Code:
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Filesystems/iboysoft_NTFS.fs
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/ms_ntfs.kext
    I guess the take home is, that on macOS you need to be careful when uninstalling apps; do so by their recommended processes rather than deleting the app from Applications. The solution might apply to other users who have tried other third-party NTFS drivers or apps like EaseUS.

Good luck!