Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NTFS HDD mounting in 'read-only' mode

Unhappy NTFS HDD mounting in 'read-only' mode

Hi, I got Paragon NTFS for Mac 15 a couple of days back. It has been working fine with all my other drives. However this morning I was trying to move some data from my camera memory card to another hard drive but Paragon is mounting this NTFS HDD in 'read-only' mode. I cannot find any other options to switch this to 'write' mode. I have tried restarting my computer but the issue still persists. Attaching the screenshot, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am running Mac OS High Sierra v 10.13.1 on MacBook Air 2017.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: NTFS HDD mounting in 'read-only' mode

Hi! Sorry, not giving any solution, just here because I have same issue... hope someone could help us... In my screenshot you can see one NTFS disk working ok, and another one in read-only...

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-02 a las 11.23.21.jpg

macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 macbook pro mid 2012
    Paragon NTFS for Mac 15 (15.0.2)

Hi! Solved! I was using the version from Seagate and seems it only works for seagate disks, which seems logical because it's free...

Sadly if i want this legal and simple i will have to pay XDDD

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by loPavlo View Post
    Hi! Solved! I was using the version from Seagate and seems it only works for seagate disks, which seems logical because it's free...

Sadly if i want this legal and simple i will have to pay XDDD

Thanks!
    i had this problem - WD/seagate versions of paragon do not identify themselves as such!

however an uninstall, followed by a new download and reinstall of paragon 15 solved this.

Mac El Capitan, Paragon NFTS 15, mounting WD/Elements 2 Tbyte portable drive read only. Can't find any way to tell it to mount write-enabled. I also have a Seagate Backup Plus 4 TB and it mounts fine with write privileges. It doesn't list the WD/Elements drive under NFTS, although it says that Windows NFTS is the file system, which is probably why it's not working. Just lists it under "Other Volumes". See screenshot. Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 8.22.02 PM.jpgWhy isn't Paragon answering these problems?
    Last edited by kinnehora; 01.06.18 at 03:24.

Hi ,

I had the same issue, my Western Digital Elements hard disk is read only , I am using Paragon NTFS for Mac 15. Any help?

AW: NTFS HDD mounting in 'read-only' mode

Why isn't Paragon answering these problems?
    Why don't you create a support ticket?

Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "How to write support requests".
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

Angry Re: AW: NTFS HDD mounting in 'read-only' mode

Quote Originally Posted by rtfm View Post
    Why don't you create a support ticket?

Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "How to write support requests".
    How about... why should I have to go through a support ticket on software I am evaluating... THAT IS FAILING THE EVALUATION!
    I would think that the company would want to avoid putting a bad taste in the mouth of people ready to buy the product, who are having issues with it...
    ...rather than driving them to a competitor. I need a solution, not more headaches and wasted time. Maybe I should just try Tuxera instead?
    This is obviously a recurring problem that has serious impact and should at least have the common causes in an easy to find FAQ.
    Honestly it would be faster to enable write permissions without this software directly through the console, than to deal with a support request.

Phoeniix

Re: AW: NTFS HDD mounting in 'read-only' mode

Same problem for me... cannot write to certain WD NTFS drives.
    I don't have any external SeaGate drives.

For some drives it works... for some it doesn't.

I've tried un-installing & re-installing the Paragon software (Paragon_NTFS_Driver_for_Mac_15_04_20.dmg),
    apparently the most current update & no trial days warning, with seemingly exactly the same results as below...???

Working drives:
    - 1Tb & 2Tb WD Passport Drives

Not Writable Drives:
    - 120Gb WD IDE WD1200VE (in USB 2.0 external case) ...
    - 4Tb SATA WD Blue (in USB dock)

This driver simply doesn't work with ALL NTFS drives???
    I can't find any feature or setting to make the read-only drives writable???

...& i can't find anything in google search either...

Macbook Pro 13-inch early 2011
    MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan
    Last edited by wrazoru; 17.01.19 at 10:47.

No solutions ?