Thread: Where have the Virtual Machine creation options gone?

Where have the Virtual Machine creation options gone?

I used HDM Pro 2015 to create virtual machines for use in Hyper-V and VirtualBox - but with the new interface in HDM16 I cannot find the options - are the features still available or has it been dropped?

Re: Where have the Virtual Machine creation options gone?

Exactly. I have the older version as well and starting up the upgrade of HDM16 a whole bunch of stuff is missing. I guess we will have to use HDM15 Pro until whatever "this" is, gets resolved.

Well I have the answer from support- "HDM16 has no virtualizing option"

So that's it.

This makes it the weirdest "upgrade" I've seen, no new features and a whole bunch of stuff removed.

I have asked for a refund

i believe there IS an option. see attached, it is in the BACKUUP tab. Try this, I have not tried it yet. Please re-post here if it works or not
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks pcc for checking. aoz987 or anyone else....does that backup option just create a backup and save as a virtual container file or is it actually creating a virtual machine. I'm thinking the former. It is indeed weird that they would drop all the virtualization features...and I don't see any new Paragon products that replaces them.

OK, it apears the options DO exist. SEE IMAGE, and see reply from support below.
    What SEEMS to be missing is the option to go directly from P2V (paragon to virtual). BUT, the options to CREATE VIRTUAL from ORIGINAL seem to be present, and per support, this should create a virtual drive. I have re-posted to support to clarify if I am correct, but I believe so, per their initial replly.

REPLY FROM SUPPORT-------------------
    I beg your pardon for misleading you. My reply was referring only to the option P2V in HDM 15. THough the same option is missing in HDM 16, but you can achieve the same result in other way in HDM 16: create a backup of your boot partition + partition C (for example, in vmdk format for VMWare) and create a virtual machine in VMWare. Once the virtual machine is created, when selecting a disk to use, select Use an existing virtual disk option and browse the created backup (vmdk disk)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by aoz987 View Post
    OK, it apears the options DO exist. SEE IMAGE, and see reply from support below.
    What SEEMS to be missing is the option to go directly from P2V (paragon to virtual). BUT, the options to CREATE VIRTUAL from ORIGINAL seem to be present, and per support, this should create a virtual drive. I have re-posted to support to clarify if I am correct, but I believe so, per their initial replly.

REPLY FROM SUPPORT-------------------
    I beg your pardon for misleading you. My reply was referring only to the option P2V in HDM 15. THough the same option is missing in HDM 16, but you can achieve the same result in other way in HDM 16: create a backup of your boot partition + partition C (for example, in vmdk format for VMWare) and create a virtual machine in VMWare. Once the virtual machine is created, when selecting a disk to use, select Use an existing virtual disk option and browse the created backup (vmdk disk)

-->> I agree with the user who said is is the weirdest upgrade ever. I find the feature very useful in Paragon 15, and as I look, I see it is expanded, with options for Microsoft HyperV VM's -- Can't tell without a bit of doing, if I can still make VM's for Virtual Box. These are not exactly instructions, Support. Kind of more 'talking about' - likewise the image: it leaves the next step quite unclear.<<--

Home -> Settings -> Backup -> VD Container options, see the image that is attached, that is where i found it.

AFTER setting this, i believe you then go to the actual backups, select disks/partitions to back up, and it will create the IMAGE as a VD in the type you hvae selected

IF YOU EXPERIMENT with this, could you post results back here, that it indeed works, and that you could then mount your image as a VD; I have NOT had a chance to test it, i have been testing some other quirks i've had
    thanks