Thread: License Release limit

License Release limit

Why is there a limit on the number of times you can release a license? Given that your software decides it needs reactivating after every major windows update it is not going to be long until the software is unusable., especially when taking into account the occasional need to format windows,etc. I've lost track exactly how many times I've had to do it , but I think its 3. Another 2 and not only will my existing backups be rendered useless I am also going to have to find an alternative product.

Re: License Release limit

Nevermind, moved to a competitors software now. Shame as the software itself seems good. But no reply in over a week coupled with a draconian drm system, no thanks.

Re: License Release limit

could you describe what happened with this?
    I'm a user of paragon, just installed the PHDM 16, and i then installed an UPDATED version of PHDM 16, and it tells me that I need to release a license, .
    IF a license release is required after installing an update of the current software, then a number count may be an issue.
    I'm wiling to write to support about this, but any additional info appreciated.

I don't know if it makes a difference which software company's stuff you use. I've used several, and at one time or another, ALL of them (acronis, Macrium, and others) have had issues I've run into, so I finally have just stuck with paragon (their core data stuff is reliable, from various tests of backups and restores), so I just try and muddle through as new interface/licenseing problems come up. I post a lot of these to support, constructively, and many times they do address them (although it may take a while).
    anyway, any feedback appreciated
    nick