Thread: Restoring a VHD using rescue media no longer an option with HDM 16?

Restoring a VHD using rescue media no longer an option with HDM 16?

Hi All,

Just got the notification from Paragon that HDM 16 was available as a free upgrade to to my HDM 15 and decided to give it a try. I normally use it for cloning disks and restoring fresh OS's using VHDs. I use the rescue media to do this and it appears that this ability may have been removed from the v16 rescue media.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Re: Restoring a VHD using rescue media no longer an option with HDM 16?

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by DDR103 View Post
    Just got the notification from Paragon that HDM 16 was available as a free upgrade to to my HDM 15 and decided to give it a try.
    What edition of HDM 16 did offer Paragon to you (and what versions exist besides Basic)?

Re: Restoring a VHD using rescue media no longer an option with HDM 16?

In my portal it's just listed as "Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16". The version number when installed is 16.11.0. There are no other versions that I see or know of. Oddly, I noticed that it's not even listed on their web site yet so maybe it's some kind of preview but it didn't seem like that from the email verbiage.

It's a complete UI overhaul. I suppose the version I was offered was a basic version but since I own Pro I wouldn't have thought so. Hopefully they didn't remove the ability to restore VHDs.