Thread: Error Code 63 when creating USB media

Error Code 63 when creating USB media

Hello there,

I am trying to create a bootable Linux UEFI drive.
    I am receiving the error code 63 as shown in the screenshot.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Error Code 63 when creating USB media

I am having the same problem after upgrading to HDM 16. I've tried two different USB sticks (including one that was already set up as recovery media for HDM 15 pre-SP5), AND two different computers AND Linux or WinPE. Every combination results in error 63. I'm honestly questioning whether RMB is seriously broken on HDM 16, and I've downgraded back to HDM 15 until I see some evidence that this actually works....

Are you sure about that version number HDM 16? As far as I know, it's still HDM15.

Yes; it was just released last week. Although only if you go to the web site does it say it's a "preview" version. (Neither the download page nor the program itself say that...which may explain my issue.) Also, I realized shortly after I replied that the original poster is still on v15, so I can't say with any certainty the issues are linked.

That said...I do think RMB is broken in HDM 16 (Preview), so beware.

Update for anyone finding this thread later: it does look like there may have been a bug in HDM 16. I tried again today with HDM 16 Advanced (16.16.1), and was able to create a Recovery Media on the first try, using the same media that repeatedly failed me before.

i have successfully created RMB media in PHDM 16. I use the windows ADK option, and make sure to look at paragon's info on which version of the Windows ADK to use (I believe 1703 but read their info, )
    ALSO, I ran into a problem where one of my background programs was NOT releasing control of the USB device, and this caused paragon RMB to crash; it took some investigating, but that was not a PARAGON issue, it was the background program that was not relinquishing control of the USB device. once i turned that program off (it was a backup program, constantantly interrogating the usb device), RMB did work.