Thread: PHDM 16 vs 15 - PROMISING ! speed improveement

PHDM 16 vs 15 - PROMISING ! speed improveement

OK, purchased PHDM 16, comparing it to PHDM 15. , did an image backup, Did a 88 gig backup, condensed to about 62 gig (similar to PHDM 15).
    but, time of backup was about 50 minutes, (PHDM 16) compared to PHDM 15 of about 65 to 70 minutes.
    ALSO, did a CHECK ARCHIVE, that was also much faster (did not record exact times) compared to the PHDM 15.
    NOW i am goin got do a total file restore,and do a comparisoin of files (bit-comparison, i use program of SYNCOVERY to do this) of a good perentage of them, to see that the files are actually retrievable files.

Re: PHDM 16 vs 15 - PROMISING ! speed improveement

OK, a further test
    RESTORE selected files, to M:\dbackup2 (for testing) Opened the backup archive, restored about 15 gig of files to this directory.
    Then ran SYNCOVERY (an excellent file-based backup/restore/comparison tool), to do a binary comparison of ORIGINAL files from c:, to the files on M:
    SO FAR, about 8 gig have been compared, and all have shown to be identical (one 6 gig Veracrypt file had an error, but i believe I crashed the program out before completion, i will recheck it, because the 6 gig should still be identical)
    So, tests are promising, for integrity of the files

Re: PHDM 16 vs 15 - PROMISING ! speed improveement

OK, further further testing. 6 gig file, Backed up from c:, to image. THEN, restored to M: drive. THEN, bit-by-bit-comparison done, of the original c: file, and the restored M: file. They compare identically ! (original restore had a glitch, error, but it may have been my fault).
    So far, tests of PHDM 16 have been reliable and accurate.