Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to start in Boot Camp after High Sierra install

Unable to start in Boot Camp after High Sierra install

Hi. After updating to High Sierra last night, I am unable to start my boot camp partition. It mounts just fine but when you select to start up it will as for your password then show "Insufficient privileges".

Any ideas from anyone?

Screenshot 2017-09-27 09.36.33.jpg

I am running Version 15.0.911

Thanks!

Re: Unable to start in Boot Camp after High Sierra install

Same problem here! Did you found a solution?

AW: Unable to start in Boot Camp after High Sierra install

Hi.

This is a known issue due to new security restrictions of OSX. The upcoming NTFS for Mac update will be able to provide this feature again, but only if SIP is deactivated.
    Paragon Support Team

Paragon Technologie GmbH, Systemprogrammierung

Geschäftsführer: Konstantin Komarov
    Handelsregister: Registergericht Freiburg/Breisgau HRB 300575
    Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg, MwSt.-Nr.: DE-193384581

Exactly the same problem here.... why aren't crucial details like this communicated out to the end user?

The startup disc selector is an important feature of Paragon NTFS for Mac. NTFS startup discs can't be mounted from Apple's built in startup disc selector when your driver is installed, so presently users can only boot into NTFS partitions at startup. (Great new feature that )

It's a shame i've had to waste two hours looking into this issue only to find the answer in this forum!

In response to you solution I would not be willing to be disable System Integrity Protection (SIP) just so I can boot to a certain startup disc. I'm guessing there's been further enhancements then since El Capitan, because SIP was present there?

Can you not allow the driver to integrate with the built in MacOS startup disc selector instead.... I think you might need to re-think the software, disabling the Sip is a bad idea!

Same here!
    I do agree with Neil. I would not be willing to disable the SIP.

Re: AW: Unable to start in Boot Camp after High Sierra install

However, if there is anyway we could see these disk in "system preference-startup disk"?

Installed the ntfs driver 15.0.911 on Sierra 10.12.6 and after that my Windows partition refused to boot. I could still see the partition both at startup by holding alt and in OSX, but all I got trying to boot it was a black endless screen.
    Could mount the partition in OSX and read write to/from it as well. Uninstalling the ntfs driver didn't help. Ultimately I had to remove the partition altogether and reinstall Windows. Would love to know what went wrong and how to avoid this.

You folks at Paragon can't possibly expect Mac users to disable SIP as a "solution"! This is completely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrigan99 View Post
    You folks at Paragon can't possibly expect Mac users to disable SIP as a "solution"! This is completely unacceptable.
    Sorry for the second message, but I also can no longer boot into Bootcamp from the boot screen by holding down the option/alt key. The Bootcamp partition does not appear there, although it does appear as an accessible drive in macOS and is still accessible that way.

Any solution for this problem?? I need to go to my Windows..