Thread: HFS+ (PSG-607-PEU-PL) in Windows 10 Pro causes sleep mode to crash the machine

HFS+ (PSG-607-PEU-PL) in Windows 10 Pro causes sleep mode to crash the machine

After updating to and installing the current HFS+ (PSG-607-PEU-PL) in Windows 10 Pro, sleep mode just stopped working. The machine would try to go to sleep, blank the monitor, and crash. The power indicator was still lit, but it did not flash as it does in sleep mode, and there was no way to revive it - not mouse nor keyboard. A hard power-off and reboot is all that would work.

I was concerned by other posts here that uninstalling would lose access to the boot volume, and my system made a restore point before the install, so I reverted to that and all is working again.

I need sleep mode more than I need access to MAC volumes. I ran into this before with previous versions of the software, and was hoping this new version, coupled with Windows 10 would work correctly. It does not. One or more of the Paragon drivers seems to not allow proper sleep mode.

I'm willing to try again if there is some actual procedure to make sleep mode work on my machine, otherwise I'm going to just write off the upgrade cost and move on to try some other product.

Very disappointing that YEARS later, a problem encountered in Windows 7 with older Paragon HFS product should still not be fixed with updates and a new version of Windows.

Re: HFS+ (PSG-607-PEU-PL) in Windows 10 Pro causes sleep mode to crash the machine

Quote Originally Posted by blue11 View Post
    After updating to and installing the current HFS+ (PSG-607-PEU-PL) in Windows 10 Pro, sleep mode just stopped working. The machine would try to go to sleep, blank the monitor, and crash. The power indicator was still lit, but it did not flash as it does in sleep mode, and there was no way to revive it - not mouse nor keyboard. A hard power-off and reboot is all that would work.

I was concerned by other posts here that uninstalling would lose access to the boot volume, and my system made a restore point before the install, so I reverted to that and all is working again.

I need sleep mode more than I need access to MAC volumes. I ran into this before with previous versions of the software, and was hoping this new version, coupled with Windows 10 would work correctly. It does not. One or more of the Paragon drivers seems to not allow proper sleep mode.

I'm willing to try again if there is some actual procedure to make sleep mode work on my machine, otherwise I'm going to just write off the upgrade cost and move on to try some other product.

Very disappointing that YEARS later, a problem encountered in Windows 7 with older Paragon HFS product should still not be fixed with updates and a new version of Windows.
    So there's no way to have the drivers installed and allow sleep mode to work?

No one else is experiencing this problem?