Thread: Make 32-bit WinPE RK14 CD Without Installing WAIK?

Make 32-bit WinPE RK14 CD Without Installing WAIK?

Hello,

I am trying to make a 32-bit restore CD using an old XP box. So I downloaded the WAIK (all 1.4 GB!) and pointed RMB to that file location but it still, like U2, couldn't find what it was looking for!

The WAIK came down as an ISO that is meant to be burned. Unfortunately this PC doesn't have a DVD burner in it. I can, however, extract files from the ISO image. Can anyone tell me which file(s) RMB is looking for to create the RK CD?

Thanks,
    Steve

Re: Make 32-bit WinPE RK14 CD Without Installing WAIK?

Much better and faster from a USB flash drive. Not sure about a RMB on a CD but for a USB flash drive it looks for files to create a bootable WinPE flash drive.

Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    Much better and faster from a USB flash drive. Not sure about a RMB on a CD but for a USB flash drive it looks for files to create a bootable WinPE flash drive.
    Yes, I would like to do this but the target PC doesn't allow booting from flash so I am stuck with a CD.

So doesn't it require the same WIM/WAIK files to make flash RK as CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sr. View Post
    Yes, I would like to do this but the target PC doesn't allow booting from flash so I am stuck with a CD.

So doesn't it require the same WIM/WAIK files to make flash RK as CD?
    What kind of PC are using that doesn't allow booting from a FD? WAIK is the older version(name), AIK is the newest package, yes it makes it bootable.