Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue KIT problem

Rescue KIT problem

so I installed the PAragon product and when I saw:
    please specify where to find waik/adk I followed the provided link to MSN and found the proper one for WIN 10 (version 1703). I Installed the kit in a special folder.
    I guess I needed to specify the following path in the Paragon Resue Kit:
    D:\WIN Assessment and Deploymnet KIT\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\x86\en-us\winpe.wim
    But no matter which folder (or file) I select in the path D:\WIN Assessment and Deploymnet KIT, Rescue KIT keeps returning:
    WAIK/ADK path does not seem to be valid; Please specify valid WAIK/ADK path

To which file r folder should I direct Recue Kit? What am I doing wrong?
    thanks a lot for any bright ideas

Re: Rescue KIT problem

try path D:\WIN Assessment and Deploymnet KIT\

On my PC the default path and name are: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\

I have this issue too. Have just installed ADK to exact path as above on C Drive which was the path first shown when by the recovery media process, but still 'ADK path not valid". Any further suggestions.

Which version of Windows 10 and ADK are you running?

I had submitted that question to support. as of a couple weeks ago, their response to me was that any of the AIK version (meaning use the latest) was ok. PRIOR, they had specified the 1703.
    I have not TRIED rebuilding the kit with latest version, but that was their reply

Quote Originally Posted by aoz987 View Post
    I had submitted that question to support. as of a couple weeks ago, their response to me was that any of the AIK version (meaning use the latest) was ok. PRIOR, they had specified the 1703.
    I have not TRIED rebuilding the kit with latest version, but that was their reply
    Yes I have the same problem so good to see what you find out from support

Hi everybody
    I have exactly the same problem than Iain-Simpson, aoz987, NFRESH, wptski, and all.
    What does Paragon respond to it?
    Thanks to all

I'm not "Paragon" but ...

1. The path must point to the directory that contains "Assessment and Deployment Kit" and "Catalogs". With no changes during the installation process that should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10".

2. Whysoever since Win 10 the version of the ADK must fit to the installed Windows version. Since 1809 Microsoft changed the ADK download logic. You have to download via the button "Download the Windows PE add-on for the ADK". This download contains the WinPE components. If you download via the button "Download the Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1809" you have the ADK without WinPE. That's why I asked for the Windows version above.

So probably all of you may have different issues. Here are two solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    I'm not "Paragon" but ...

1. The path must point to the directory that contains "Assessment and Deployment Kit" and "Catalogs". With no changes during the installation process that should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10".

2. Whysoever since Win 10 the version of the ADK must fit to the installed Windows version. Since 1809 Microsoft changed the ADK download logic. You have to download via the button "Download the Windows PE add-on for the ADK". This download contains the WinPE components. If you download via the button "Download the Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1809" you have the ADK without WinPE. That's why I asked for the Windows version above.

So probably all of you may have different issues. Here are two solutions.
    Thank you! I ran into the same problem with the latest 16.5 Paragon version and it only worked after downloading using "Download the Windows PE add-on for the ADK".