Thread: Everything except win10?

Everything except win10?

Hi, new here and haven't even installed buck up yet as I have a specific need for the program. I'm one of those unlucky people who have a win10 PC that refuses to update. So what I want to do is a full back up of the C drive OS, programs and data then I intend to strip off programs until I find what's stopping the windows update, when I have I will update then restore the programs that I backed up, this may mean a full clean install of the OS.

Now what I will need to do is a full restore of the C drive without restoring windows10 as that would undo the update. Can this be done?

I then intend to use the program in the normal way.

Re: Everything except win10?

install paragon, do an image backup to an external drive, and VERIFY it, so you know you at least have something to fall back on. THEN, for the windows update, don't install it on the drive yhou are downloading to; make an external USB from which to run it. THEN try the update, from the usb device. somethimes that works, fixes the issue

Will give that a go, although I did the same from a DVD win 10 and it still didn't work, I suspect one programme is causing it to fall over. Will report back!

do the image backup. make the USB for windows install. THEN, when booting from that windows install, try doing a CLEAN WINDOWS install. I believe that it allows that, without affecting the installed software; this is diferent from just doing the update. I MAY BE WRONG, do this at your own risk, etc, etc, all disclaimers.
    BUT, if you have the image backup (which you should VERIFY also), then you have something else to fall back on if something gets screwed up.