Thread: Paragon data copy formats

Paragon data copy formats

I'm a newbee. Apologies if this question is repetitious, searched forum but could not find anything similar.

My Objective: Backup all data from multiple computers with Windows OS onto a Synology NAS (ds 916+).
    My Question: Will Paragon 15 or 16 make it easy to achieve the above without the use of zip/compression type file saving formats? And, will either of these programs allow me to identify and verify that specific files, folders, hard drives were accurately copied?

Background:

I just finished attempting to back up several computers onto my new Synology NAS using Windows 10 backup, both file and complete system (computer). In the process I discovered Wndows 10 always used ZIP and compression formats for coping files. That wasn't acceptable because my backup included about 2 terabytes of high resolution PEG and RAW image files.

I then attempted to use Synology Hyper Backup but eventually a company tech support person explained that application is only for backing up from one NAS to another NAS, not from computer to NAS.

Previously, I have used Windows Home Media Server for backups, but never was I able to verify specifically whether or not the system did a complete flawless backup.

Thank you/anyone in advance for your time and consideration,

Baker
    Last edited by Baker Rawlings; 06.09.17 at 03:27. Reason: language errors

Re: Paragon data copy formats

Hi,

HDM15/16 use PVHD virtual containers as a backup format, which will make no difference to the quality of the restored image even using the compression. Actually it doesn`t matter for the quality of the restored image, if the backup was made with or without compression (both are possible in HDM15/16). The compression affects only the archive size and speed of the backup operation. So the restored image will be the same as the original one.