Thread: Bootcamp Volume doesn't mount at startup when I use a host file against ads

Bootcamp Volume doesn't mount at startup when I use a host file against ads

Hello, I've Paragon NTFS 15 for Mac, my system is macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) and I use a customized host file against ads. Some people use adblock in their browser, I prefer the host file. At startup the volume Bootcamp does not mount automatically, I have to launch Paragon and to mount it manually. But if I use the default hosts file provided by MacOS, the bug does not occur.

I suppose that the automount fails because Paragon NTFS tries to reach some server without success. But obviously Paragon NTFS does not need any Internet connection to work, except for updates of course. I have tried to start without network at all, and in that case the automount works. So I suppose it would be easy to Paragon to correct this slight bug, which occurs only when people use a hosts file in /etc/hosts which blocks the access to some servers.

I precise that I am a user with a valid license.

Thanks.

Re: Bootcamp Volume doesn't mount at startup when I use a host file against ads

Hi,
    Start the software and select BOOTCAMP partition in the list. Make sure the disk is mounted. Now press Set as startup… button. Your Mac will boot from the selected disk after restart.

Ok thanks for the reply, but that's not what I want. I want to boot on the Mac partition. But when I boot on the Mac partition, I have to mount the bootcamp volume manually.

Quote Originally Posted by sinbad21 View Post
    Ok thanks for the reply, but that's not what I want. I want to boot on the Mac partition. But when I boot on the Mac partition, I have to mount the bootcamp volume manually.
    Hi, I have the exact same issue, it also does the same with my Pegasus2 R6. Once the Mac has booted I can go into Paragon and select and mount, but that is pretty annoying.

I have noticed on startup I get a Paragon message saying that both my Bootcamp and Promise volumes are mounted, but nothing shows in Finder. Then I open Paragon and sure enough both volumes are NOT mounted.

Please can this be fixed asap.