Thread: Redistribute free space

Redistribute free space

I am using Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite SP5 on a Win 10 PC (64 bit).
    I needed to increase the size of the Windows C drive by 100 GB, and I had earlier created free space from the Data D drive, using the native Win 10 Manager software, which left 100 GB of Unallocated space to the "right" of the Data drive on the Hard Disk Map.
    I now used the Paragon program to Redistribute Free Space on the partitioning tab, without using any space from any of the other drives.
    All appeared to go well: the C drive appeared to increase appropriately, and the free space disappeared as expected.
    However, when it came to Applying the changes, the program appears to be stuck on Checking the file system integrity, with 0% overall progress, despite the cheery apologies and reassurances with requests for more time! This has taken several hours to date, with no apparent progress, although I admit that I have tried cancelling and restarting.
    How long should I expect the file checking of a 200GB drive to take?
    Cheers

Re: Redistribute free space

Well, it took overnight! But all sorted now.
    Perhaps the Paragon team could warn people that the wait could be a long one, and that you can't do anything else meanwhile as the process appears to be very memory/processor intensive!
    Cheers.

Re: Redistribute free space

Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Please submit your requests to Paragon Support via your account. Thus you will be replied almost immediately.
    Glad your operation was successfully completed. Such operations as partitioning one take time and its interruption can lead to problems. During the partitioning operation it`s better to close other applications to decrease the load, if PC is not of high performance.