Thread: Restore individual files from raw partition backup.

Restore individual files from raw partition backup.

My Samsung laptop would not boot after Win 10 creators update. I found that my c: bootable partition had somehow become a raw partition. I used Paragon Kit 14 to create a backup of the raw partition on an external USB hard drive. It took a while but message came to say that the backup completed successfully. I have installed a new fresh Win 10 and I do not need to restore the entire backup anymore. I need to restore individual files and folders. Pragon backup and restore 16 will not allow me to do this to a raw partition backup. Mounting the backup is also not available. How do I restore individual files and folders from my raw partion backup?

Re: Restore individual files from raw partition backup.

Mounting a partition, using it as any other drive can only be done from Windows, I think because I've never looked for it under WinPE(Recovery), a feature not in B&R16 I believe but it's in HDM15S for one which won't help you. If Paragon Kit 14 has a File Transfer Wizard that would be your only option.

By restoring the entire backup (it was from a raw partition), would it result in a bootable, functioning laptop? My fear is that the bootable drive may turn to a raw partition again. More so because I do not know what caused it to become raw in the first place.

Thanks for your suggestion.

What if you restore a backup of the raw partition to any free space, for example to an external USB drive?

This is VERY ennoying ; I had this problem of partitions becoming RAW after reboot ( I have NO idea about the reason ; it happened several times ; in principle there is a software which is supposed to recover lost partitions the name of which is Restorer from Bitmart software but it never recovered my lost files ; and regarding your problem I fear that any Paragon software will do the job ; this is because the backup is done bit by bit ; so if you ever try to recover files from a raw partition say an image , the program is unable to read the lost files the only thing to try is recovering the destroyed partition which you can try with the above program or trough Active disc program ..... No other idea

mistake :no Paragon software is going to do the job ; sorry for the mistake