Thread: Ssd will not boot after migration

Ssd will not boot after migration

Hello all. I'm having a frustrating time with cloning of old hdd to new sdd. The migration process goes smooth but the ssd will not boot. It gives me an inaccessible boot device error code. Any ideas or should I take them up on the money back guarantee? Thank you in advance to anyone with experience with this issue.

Re: Ssd will not boot after migration

With which Paragon program did you migrate?

I used migrate os 5

Did you do everything according to the User Guide? Try to boot from WinPE and apply Boot Corrector -> "Correct boot parameter"

I'll try what you have suggested and get back to you. Thank you.

Hi,
    Here are general recommendations on the OS migration: https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/94
    To make sure that the migration was successful, it would be good to have a look at the logs, which can be collected in the program menu: Home > Collect logs.

Cloning and migration are different processes: Migration implies you'll be using the new disk on a different PC than the original, whereas you would clone the old disk to use the new one on the same PC. You will therefore have to decide which suits your purpose first.

I should add: If you will be using the new disk on a different PC but with the same exact hardware, e.g. the same brand and model laptop, cloning the original disk will be sufficient.

After glancing through the manual for Migrate OS to SSD, it's clear to me that it's essentially a disk cloning program, with the added option of excluding files/folders of one's choice, so all the data will fit into the new disk. It doesn't sound like it's meant for migration to a new hardware platform - something I found dubious in the first place. My bad. Apologies.