Thread: Moving license to new computer?

Moving license to new computer?

I just purchased and installed the NTFS for Mac 15 on July 5th.

Shortly thereafter, my 2008 Mac Pro began having issues and was replaced by a 2013 Mac Pro late last week. Today, I finally managed to successfully migrate my boot disk and the applications from the old CPU to the new one. This includes reauthorizing all of my applications to the new cylinder Mac. In moving the 'NTFS for Mac 15' authorization to the new CPU, I tried disabling the software on the old computer and reactivating it on the new. Unfortunately, the 'Disable' button in the preferences screen was greyed out (even in Admin mode) and no other option for deactivating the software on the old computer could be found. I then resorted to completely uninstalling the software.

On the new computer, my attempts at activating the software generates an error message indicating that the program is active on another computer. This is incorrect as the software has been uninstalled.

I then attempted to create a user account at the Paragon website to see if I could login and deactivate the software from the Paragon side and reactivate it on the new CPU. Here, I get a message saying that an account with my email address already exists. However, I have not previously created an account. Ok, fine. I attempt a login and choose the 'Forgot Password' option to get access to the account. These reset attempts do not result in my receiving a reset email - indicating that my email address isn't associated with an existing account.

I'm unsure how to proceed and get this application running on the new cylinder Mac.

Any suggestions?

Re: Moving license to new computer?

Hi,
    Please be informed that the program license is bound to GUID of the device, which can be modified by hardware / OS upgrade or change, that's why every time GUID is changed, you need to release the license and to activate it again.
    For reactivation the product on the new GUID please log in to MyParagon portal: https://my.paragon-software.com/
    Your login: account/email, where the product is registered
    Find your product in the list of My Products, then press "Release license".: https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/353
    Then activate your product again.

Thank you for the response...

However, as I mentioned in my original post and as quoted below, I cannot log in to the 'MyParagon' portal because the system says that my email is already in use. But, attempts to reset the password do not generate a reset email to me. The software was activated via the preferences panel. There was no account PW creation in that activation process.

I then attempted to create a user account at the Paragon website to see if I could login and deactivate the software from the Paragon side and reactivate it on the new CPU. Here, I get a message saying that an account with my email address already exists. However, I have not previously created an account. Ok, fine. I attempt a login and choose the 'Forgot Password' option to get access to the account. These reset attempts do not result in my receiving a reset email - indicating that my email address isn't associated with an existing account.
    I've sent a request for assistance to your support email with my clever bridge reference number.

How can I log in?

Despite not getting a useful answer here and not receiving any acknowledgement of my email to Paragon support, I have managed to solve the issue myself.

I was able to re-download and install the trial version to my old computer. Upon launching the software, it auto recognized the computer as being authorized. I was then able to load the Preferences window where the 'disable' button was actually clickable. (NOTE- no Admin login was required and there wasn't even a lock icon in the lower left corner to click - which does appear in the window on the new computer) After Disabling the software in the preferences window on the old computer, I booted up the new computer and launched 'NTFS for Mac 15'. Here, I was able to Activate the application using the 'Activate' button in the lower left corner of the app window with my product key number that was originally emailed to me.

I still can't login to or create an account at the 'MyParagon' portal. Attempting to create an account generates an error message 'Customer with this email already exists.' Attempting to use the 'Forgot Password?' option with my email does not result in a password reset message being received at my email inbox.

Oh, well... at least the software has been successfully migrated to the replacement computer.

Quote Originally Posted by John Paragon View Post
    Hi,
    Please be informed that the program license is bound to GUID of the device, which can be modified by hardware / OS upgrade or change, that's why every time GUID is changed, you need to release the license and to activate it again.
    For reactivation the product on the new GUID please log in to MyParagon portal: https://my.paragon-software.com/
    Your login: account/email, where the product is registered
    Find your product in the list of My Products, then press "Release license".: https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/353
    Then activate your product again.
    I've tried everything, from uninstalling ntfs for Mac 15 in my old laptop and installing it again in the new machine. but it still didn't solve the problem.

the option to release the license in the customer portal is not available the the site.

your customer service support doesn't reply immediately and its already hampering my workflow. how this be fixed??