I just purchased and installed the NTFS for Mac 15 on July 5th.

Shortly thereafter, my 2008 Mac Pro began having issues and was replaced by a 2013 Mac Pro late last week. Today, I finally managed to successfully migrate my boot disk and the applications from the old CPU to the new one. This includes reauthorizing all of my applications to the new cylinder Mac. In moving the 'NTFS for Mac 15' authorization to the new CPU, I tried disabling the software on the old computer and reactivating it on the new. Unfortunately, the 'Disable' button in the preferences screen was greyed out (even in Admin mode) and no other option for deactivating the software on the old computer could be found. I then resorted to completely uninstalling the software.

On the new computer, my attempts at activating the software generates an error message indicating that the program is active on another computer. This is incorrect as the software has been uninstalled.

I then attempted to create a user account at the Paragon website to see if I could login and deactivate the software from the Paragon side and reactivate it on the new CPU. Here, I get a message saying that an account with my email address already exists. However, I have not previously created an account. Ok, fine. I attempt a login and choose the 'Forgot Password' option to get access to the account. These reset attempts do not result in my receiving a reset email - indicating that my email address isn't associated with an existing account.

I'm unsure how to proceed and get this application running on the new cylinder Mac.

Any suggestions?