Thread: Deleting the Recovery image partition

Question Deleting the Recovery image partition

I have a small ASUS Transformer T-100 (Atom processor) with a 64GB SSD disk. It came with Windows 7 installed and I immediately upgraded to Windows 10.

The system was delivered with a 14.6GB partition called the recovery partition (I think it is windows 7). This computer has been updated to Windows 10 Anniversary edition. I use Paragon Backup and Recovery 14 Free edition to create a complete backup of that SSD drive and USB recovery media. I would use that recovery media and backup to do any recovery from catastrophic disk failure.

Is there any reason why I need to keep the "recovery partition" installed by ASUS?

I could use that 14.6GB to do the Windows creators update. I plan to upgrade to Paragon BU&Recovery 16 Free. The users manual says it can delete partitions (Recovery Partition) and extend partitions (Windows (C

Re: Deleting the Recovery image partition

Hi,
    Windows includes a built-in tool to delete unimportant data. Click on the Search icon to open the Start Menu and type Disk Cleanup. When the program window opens select the required hard drive. Click OK to begin the initial scan. Then select the option to Clean up system files and then click OK. Check boxes Previous Windows installation(s), temporary files, log files, files in your recycle bin, and other unimportant files.