Hello all,

I've read quite a few posts on here in an effort to understand what I'm seeing but so far I'm still not sure, so I will ask here...

I'm running Windows 10 pro on a Dell XPS 14 laptop and I'm using Backup and Restore 14 Free at present.

I've previously backed up the HDD with Paragon and now I have replaced the HDD with a 512 GB SSD that already has a bootable Windows 10 installed on it. This SSD boots Windows 10 fine.

I would like to take my previous HDD backup and restore it over what's currently on the SSD.

When I run the restore, almost straight away, I get a warning that the resulting image on the SSD may not be bootable after the restore. I am very worried that this might in fact be true as I tried to do this same restore a couple of months ago onto this same SSD (when it was brand new) and indeed, the resulting image while appearing to be complete, was not seen by the machine as bootable. I ended up having a computer shop put the current bootable image on the SSD but now I really would like to restore my full backed up image onto it instead of that.

Note: The original HDD has now gone belly up so another backup operation is no longer possible.

So I think my questions are:

1) Why is the warning generated in the first place?
2) Is there anything I can do to ensure the SSD will be bootable after the restore?
3) If the restored image does turn out NOT to be bootable, is there a tool that can simply make the drive bootable without data loss?
4) Will the correct alignment for the SSD be automatically applied by Paragon Backup and Restore 14 Free?

Cheers for your thoughts!

DBZ