Thread: NTFS 15 slow to eject disk

NTFS 15 slow to eject disk

It is taking quite a long time to unmount an NTFS disk.. between 30-60 seconds. I just upgraded from NTFS 14. 14 was also slow but not this slow.

Any suggestions?
    thanks
    paul

Re: NTFS 15 slow to eject disk

same problem here.
    customer support suggested turning off checking for dirty drives in system settings, but still unmounts uncomfortably slow.
    it causes problems because people tend to pull the wire before the drive is umounted.
    did you find a solution?

found that drives unmount at a reasonable speed if ejected from the paragon menu in the menu bar.

it's still unacceptable, paragon should find a way to make the usual unmounting routes work at the same, normal speed!
    can't expect all users to shift year-long habits. the way it is now can lead to serious problems with the file structure on drives.

Quote Originally Posted by tam View Post
    found that drives unmount at a reasonable speed if ejected from the paragon menu in the menu bar.
    have to take that back, it only does it very sporadically. most times it is still as slow as described by the OP. unacceptable.

Same problem here... it's painfully slow.

I have exactly the same problem with NTFS 15, it is extremely slow and also rsync takes nearly 1 hour instead of half a minute (for NTFS 14) to build the file list. I would wish that anybody of paragon gives a statement. If there is no solution I want my money back, the NTFS 15 is not usable as it is now. I tested NTFS on Yosemite and Sierra, no difference :-((((

I agree with all other posts here. This is unacceptable. I was forced to install Paragon because I bought a high capacity SeaGate Drive and this was needed to user it on a Mac (Upgraded to latest High Sierra OS).
    I timed the disconnect time. It approaches 5 min in my case. I reached out to SeaGate for help. They blamed the problem on anything except the software.