Thread: HDM15S/HDM15 Pro BMB NAS Issue

HDM15S/HDM15 Pro BMB NAS Issue

As mentioned in other threads since 9/19/2016 I've had a support ticket in for the BMB created USB finding my WD MyCloud but not showing my shares. After I convinced them that there was a problem I received emails that it was still being worked on. That stopped some weeks ago so I checked and my ticket had been closed! Why? It seems if a response is required and you don't reply within so many days, they closed the ticket. The past few weeks, I got the ticket opened again but still I get no emails when they are awaiting my response! I keep on telling them too.

The following is a copy of my latest two responses to them.

>>>>>>>>>
    I created a bootable WinPE USB FD using ADK 8.1. If I use the following command: net use y: \server\share, I get a prompt for my user name and then another for my password which is just like one sees if a Recovery USB is crated using ADK 8.1 in HDM15S SP5 or HDM15 Pro SP5. I can see all my shares.

I created another bootable WinPE USB FD using ADK 1703. Using the same command as above, I get System error 58 has occurred. The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

I did some research and found that the above command as is doesn’t work with ADK 1703 or the latest WinPE. One has to use this command: net use y: \\server\share /user:user password

I tried that and I was able to mount the WD MyCloud and see its shares. I’m also using the default setup when creating these FD’s, nothing is added.

If your coding is still using the old method or waiting for a prompt for user input for mounting a network drive “could” be the reason it doesn’t find the shares as is actually erroring out.
    >>>>>>>>>

Sent later on.
    >>>>>>>>>
    I just booted up a Recovery Drive created using HDM15S SP5 and ADK 1703. I went to the command line, using the longer string from my earlier comment which included my user name and password. I don’t know if it was needed but I added the /persistant:yes switch which is like saving your credentials if one were doing it the normal way.

Went back to Restore from VHD and there listed was my share. So it’s for sure a Recovery Drive programming issue.
    >>>>>>>>>

I just created a BMB not using any ADK at all and that works also. The /persistent:yes is optional, I thought it might be lost after leaving the command prompt but it wasn't. This was done yesterday, no response yet and might not get one till Monday. I have no idea how'd they fix this, maybe a simple patch to the BMB folder might do it???

Re: HDM15S/HDM15 Pro BMB NAS Issue

B&R16 was even worse as even ADK 8.1 wouldn't even show anything on my network. I just created a Recovery Flash Drive with B&R16 using ADK 1703. Go to Utilities>Run or Run Command, type in the same longer command which will show it mounted your NAS, exit and it will now show that drive listed.

Re: HDM15S/HDM15 Pro BMB NAS Issue

Interesting that it's been over two months and they are still working on this. Ticket still shows "In Work".