Thread: Can archive integrity be checked only once?

Question Can archive integrity be checked only once?

Hi all,

I used Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 (Free edition, 10.2.1) to image a hard drive with default settings which produced a paragon image archive. I was able to check the archive integrity of the resulting image files. However, it looks like if I install the Paragon program on a different computer and try to check the archive there, I am unable to do so or is there a way to load the archive in the new computer? I don't see any option to do this in the program or in the rescue cd.

Also, in the program settings there is a "Control Archive Integrity" box, should I leave this unchecked? It was unchecked when it made the above archive file.
    Last edited by mk23; 05.07.17 at 01:15.

Re: Can archive integrity be checked only once?

I am also interested in the answer to this question. Does anyone know how "durable" the integrity checking can be? I would like to maintain a 3-2-1 BU/Archive plan and be able to check integrity day 1 and then periodically for many years in come cases. My 3-2-1 plan will involve duplicating the original BU chain to off-site (2nd copy) and then to Glacier. Can we do integrity checks of the BUs against each copy and over time?

Thanks