Thread: OS HDD -> SSD Migration - User Profiles did not migrate - Windows 10

OS HDD -> SSD Migration - User Profiles did not migrate - Windows 10

I used Paragon OS Migrate, and I did not Migrate the User Folders.

I can login to Command Prompt no problem at that stage I have noticed that my System Drive is X:/Windows/System32, my User is in E:\

If I use mklink /j X:\Users E\Users the command does not work it says "incorrect function"

If I use regedit to change the ProfileList path to E:\users it does not work.

Any suggestions or help?

Re: OS HDD -> SSD Migration - User Profiles did not migrate - Windows 10

I'm having some problems working out a strategy for migrating myself, and am waiting for advice from Paragon. I tried to exclude C:\Users from migration, and was rewarded with an "Unable to calculate excludes size." The program manual, and some other things I've found, suggest that the \Users folder always must be on the System Drive. However, subfolders like C:\Users\<a user>\Documents, and ..\Videos and ..\Pictures can be on other drives. There are eleven such "official" subfolders for each user.

Did the migration program leave you with System Drive X:, not newly renamed to C: ? (I haven't got that far myself.) Let me guess that maybe Windows created a new \Users\ folder for each user on your computer, on the new system drive. One strategy would then be to those eleven subfolders on the System Drive, right-click, Properties | Location and declare tat those sub-folders are now on the (old, renamed) E: drive, i.e., at E:\Users\<a user>\Documents, and so on.

Or something like that, anyway. These seem like such obvious questions and problems, I'm very surprised that we're not getting more guidance from the documentation.