Thread: No "Convert to GPT" option available

Not all unallocated partitions are able to have volumes formed on them?

(Sorry about the title and post not matching, but I solved the GPT problem/question: Operator error) But I have this other question. I am using HDM Pro 15 on a Win 7 64 bit system. I have four drives that are all MBR NTFS volumes with one singe active partition and the other half is unallocated. Why is it that if I right click on an some drives unallocated partition, I only have the option to Test the Surface, or Edit/View Sectors, but I cannot create a volume. On other drives unallocated partitions the option to create a volume is available. What would be the difference in the drives that would create the difference? .

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by amajamar; 23.06.17 at 03:59. Reason: corrections

AW: No "Convert to GPT" option available

Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "How to create more than four partitions on MBR Hard Disk".
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

Re: AW: No "Convert to GPT" option available

Quote Originally Posted by rtfm View Post
    Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "How to create more than four partitions on MBR Hard Disk".
    This is interesting, however none of the drives have more than two partitions. I am noticing,though, that the drives that do not allow volume creation are the ones over 3 TB where the primary partition is already 2TB. I thought that Win 7 64 bit was able to recognize a standard MBR drive and partition the overage without an overlay software, as I was wanting to do this natively. In some respects this is why I was asking about converting the drives to GPT as I believe this then can be done. Can you confirm that the only way to recognize drives greater that 2TB is with either an overlay software or by GPT conversion?

Thanks,

AW: No "Convert to GPT" option available

On hard disks > 2.2 TB formatted in MBR style it is not possible to use the area above 2.2 TB. This is only possible if the partition table is in GPT format. Please refer to the following articles in our knowledgebase: "How to convert MBR Hard Disk to GPT Hard Disk" und "How to convert GPT Hard Disk to MBR Hard Disk".
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */