Backup & Restore 14 Free
Windows 7 Home Edition x64 SP-1

When I do a backup to the Backup Capsule, I thought I could only use the old PBF image file format so I could mount it to explore it (and grab individual files). At first, I was not offered the old PBF format, so I had to pick pVHD (the other choices were VHD-style file formats, too). The help for v14 (which *cannot* be obtained through the program's inbuilt Home -> menu as that only shows the manual for v16), says "pVHD archives located on physical (unmounted) partitions or in the backup capsule cannot be mounted". I created the Backup Capsule, I clicked on the "Backup VD" button (the only button to define a backup), but only pVHD was offered for the image file format to store inside the Backup Capsule.

Later I read that I have to change to a Legacy view to see legacy functions, like "Backup" instead of "Backup VD". Okay, so now I could save PBF images to the Backup Capsule.

After creating a manually-started backup, I went to the Archives tab. After using the untitled drop-down box to switch from "Show VD containers" to "Show archives", and after collapsing the tree in the untitled upper-right panel so I could see the disk used for the Backup Capsule and expand to see the "1. Backup Capsule" on it, I found the test backup that I had just performed. I found no way to mount that backup image so I could explore within it, like picking some files and copying out of a mounted image.

I want the backup files protected by storing them inside the Backup Capsule. I want to mount any backup image to explore that image and grab files from within it. Right-clicking on a backup image only lets me export the entire image. No thanks. I'm trying to get out one, or a few, files in that backup, not the whole frickin thing.