Thread: Unable to create Recovery Media - Error 11

Question Unable to create Recovery Media - Error 11

When trying to create Recovery Media, the process ends with error 11.

The rmbengine log shows that the error occured during the creation of the boot manager store using bcdedit.
    Running the commands manually results in an error when the second call to "createstore" is done with the parameters "C:\Users\Remco\AppData\Local\Temp\qiUo9M8l\EFI\MI CROSOFT\BOOT\bcd"
    The error returned by bcdedit is that the file/folder already exists. Checked it, ant that is the case. EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\bcd is already there.

Any info on how to fix this issue ?

Re: Unable to create Recovery Media - Error 11

Hi,
    Here are possible solutions:
    Create RM using WAIK/ADK tools
    Run RMB with administrator permissions.
    Reinstall the RMB to the folder with admins permissions.
    Check disk for errors and system files integrity.
    Disable Antivirus and other software protection. Make sure nothing blocks program and TEMP folders.

Got it tt work, but not using the provided possible solutions.
    Regarding these solutions:
    Create RM using WAIK/ADK tools : the process failed regardless of using the WAIK/ADK option.
    Run RMB with administrator permissions : Paragon Backup & Recovery runs as administrator, so RMB does too since it is started by B&R
    Reinstall the RMB to the folder with admins permissions : the entire installation was done with admin priviliges, so doing a reinstall would not change anything.
    Check disk for errors and system files integrity : checked and oke, no errors found.
    Disable Antivirus and other software protection. Make sure nothing blocks program and TEMP folders : since the final attempt succeeded, anti virus was not the problem.

I managed to create the rescue media by also selecting the "Advanced mode".
    In advanced mode, I opted for no additional drivers, automatic use of the network adapter and functions, and no network share connected.

The error message is "Operation failed, Error code = 11, Error message = cannor launch external process".
    Appearantly using the advanced mode doesnt require that specific "external process" and therefore leads to a succesful operation.
    In my opnion, this is not something that can be solved by trying the solutions mentioned above.

For now, I'm good, but if Paragon needs some other info to look into this issue, just let me know.

Hello,

You will also get this error if you try to create 32 bit rescue media from a 64 bit system and I suspect vice versa. Apparently the RMB uses the image from the system that it is running on to create the rescue media.

If you are trying to use anything but ADK 8.1, try that.