Thread: Backing up files.

Backing up files.

Help,

I have 152 of data that I need to backup. The data is basically documents. I know that I can use the File Transfer Wizard funtion.
    I want to know what is the best way to backup these files. I need them backed up nightly. Can the File Transfer Wizard be scheduled?

Re: Backing up files.

I don't really have an answer but I think you need to provide more info so somebody can help you. Is it 152 files or is it 152GB of data? Do you have a Paragon software? If so which one? Where do you want to back these up to? For example attached storage, network drive, the cloud, etc.. I don't know a lot about Paragon software but I would recommend both a local and a cloud backup solution. Local for quick restores and the cloud in case the building burns down with your main data and the local backup.

Re: Backing up files.

Absolutely agree with Zych. More detailed info is desirable to avoid gypsy stories and provide an exact answer.
    Anyway, a few instructions can be given:
    - read carefully a manual (most questions are no longer relevant after it);
    - if Backup & Recovery 16 is here meant, the File Transfer Wizard doesn`t have a Scheduler. Instead, Create backup option should be used, where separate files and folders can be selected when choosing a backup source. Schedule settings are made at the Schedule stage, where any time can be set.
    - If Hard Disk Manager is meant, first of all a backup settings should be made in Backup to VD option. Then going to the Schedule tab you`ll find Save to Scheduler option being active, where the required settings should be made. At the end, please click Apply.