Thread: HFS+ doesn't work!

HFS+ doesn't work!

Hi

I have installed (a trial version of) HFS+ for Windows v 11.1.75 on two different Windows 10 desktops and one Windows 7, but in all cases I am I unable to read a newly installed Sierra boot drive that I know is working 100% correctly.

On the Win10 machines I connected the disk via USB in an external USB 3.0 enclosure that is also known to be good, in the Win7 machine it's on the SATA bus. In all cases Windows recognises the hardware, and shows all three partitions on the disk [200 MB (EFI System Partition), 930.71 GB (Primary Partition), 620MB (Primary Partition)] but no drive letters allocated. Right-clicking the partitions brings up the usual long menu of options but every option is unavailable (greyed out) except Delete Volume and Help.

The same disk when connected to an old (Snow Leopard) Mac via USB is recognised immediately, but can't be read - I get a message about you have to have (I think) Lion or later to read the new file system.

What am I doing wrong? Is there perhaps some undocumented prerequisite I missed?

Chris

Re: HFS+ doesn't work! Hmm! And no-one cares!

Well there's one sale they'll never make.

Re: HFS+ doesn't work!

Hi,
    Please check your HFS drive for Core Storage configuration using the guide: https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/70
    If it`s found, please disable it as described in the guide.