Thread: Paragon Backup Capsule issue with Windows 10 Creator Update

Paragon Backup Capsule issue with Windows 10 Creator Update

I have a Windows 10 64-bit system. I have Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Professional 10.1.25.813 on my system. I have two hard disks in my system, one has Windows installed and one is just for storage. Both of the hard disks are set up as primary. On the second drive, I have the Paragon Backup Capsule. A few days before, I updated Windows 10 to the Windows 10 Creator update (Version 1703). Now, each time I restart my PC, I get "Scanning and repairing drive (\\?\Volume{5490fd15-0000-0000-0000-c0e0d4000000}):100%" on the boot-up screen. I ran chkdsk, but I did not find any error. Then, I removed the Paragon Backup Capsule and the message was gone. I created the Paragon Backup Capsule again and the message was back.

backup capsule issue.jpg

Re: Paragon Backup Capsule issue with Windows 10 Creator Update

I would like to inform you that this issue is fixed in the latest version, 10.1.25.1137. After I updated Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Professional to this version, I deleted the Backup Capsule and re-created it. The issue is now resolved.

Re: Paragon Backup Capsule issue with Windows 10 Creator Update

Shame I came to this topic too late. I transferred to a new Win 10 Creator PC and decided to delete my Backup Capsule in order to create a new one for the new machine. Not only did the capsule delete, but the process also corrupted the disk MFT. I am busy trying to rescue the MFT but it's not looking good because the backup MFT is identical so recovery is unlikely.