Thread: NTFS for mac 14 disabled hdd drive on windows 7 PC after enabling it on Sierra

NTFS for mac 14 disabled hdd drive on windows 7 PC after enabling it on Sierra

Hi,
    I have a Windows 7 NTFS formatted external usb Drive (WD Passport brand hdd with 1tb), I plugged it into a Retina Macbook pro (rMBP 2015), it was readable but not writable. I proceded to install a trial of the Paragon NTFS for mac 14 and it enabled the HDD to be editable. That worked great until I ejected and plugged the drive back into the windows 7 desktop PC which no longer reads the drive, it recognizes that its a WD passport but it doesn't show in the explorer. After a minute or two of the drive relentlessly spinning, windows says it needs to be formatted. I can't eject it so I have to turn off windows to unplug it. When I hook it to the macbook it works normally.

What's going on? how do I fix this problem? I can't re-format the drive because it's full and I don't have space to unload it on the mac. I have space on the windows PC ...but I can no longer use it there.

Re: NTFS for mac 14 disabled hdd drive on windows 7 PC after enabling it on Sierra

Here's a rundown of my system specs and driver version
    2017-04-10 08.54.27.jpg

I did a Verify on the WD Passport and it failed. I clicked on repair and crossed my fingers, it finished successfully. Plugged it into the Windows PC and ...it still didn't work. the issue persists, unrecognized and 2 minutes in Win7 asks to format. HDD reads/writes fine on MBP.

Re: NTFS for mac 14 disabled hdd drive on windows 7 PC after enabling it on Sierra

I just installed the trial of HFS+ for windows 11 to see if maybe the hdd would work on the PC then, it didn´t.

Hi,
    Most likely, there are errors, which are successfully ignored by Mac, but not Windows.
    Please check the drive for errors using chkdsk utility in Windows with parameters /f /r
    - Start command prompt as admin and type the command: chkdsk X: /f /r (where X - a required drive letter).
    In addition, try specific for this purpose tools from the manufacturer.
    HFS+ for Windows has nothing to do here. It provides a full access to HFS partitions under Windows.