Thread: Paragon 16 Restore failing at 50% for drive C

Paragon 16 Restore failing at 50% for drive C

I am hoping that someone may have experienced this Restore misbehavior before and might be able to offer and explanation and possibly a solution(s) for remedying the problem? Bascially, a short narrative of what took place is as follows:

I attempted to do a full "Disk/Partition" restore from the backup file located on a SATA drive in my system to my main drive SSD. The latter has 4 partitions in this order: 1) System Reserved, 2) OS (C, 3) Recovery, and 4) Programs (D. C has 34% capacity remaining and D 82%. I booted the Paragon Recovery utility from a USB thumb drive. I then selected Restore and then selected the source and then the target (my main drive the SSD). I started it but it froze at 50%. I made at least 4 attempts. For each one I made sure that my system configuration was the same. Eventually, through the use of File/Folder Restore, I determined Drive C was the culprit. So I switched restore to the "Files & Folders" scheme using the restore order of: "System Reserved", "Programs (D", "Recovery Partition", and then "OS C". The first 3 completed to 100%. However, when I attempted to do the same with "C" it seemed to get stuck at 50%. After a long wait, I finally cancelled the restore. Out of desperation of not wanting to go through two days of reinstalling, I attempted to boot into Windows. Surprisingly it worked with the exception that drive D, where I keep all my programs (99%). I then went into Disk Management and reassigned the drive letter and everything synced and worked. So can anyone explain to me about the drive hanging up at 50% and any suggestions on a remedy?

Grateful for any help offered. Thank you/

Re: Paragon 16 Restore failing at 50% for drive C

Most likely there were file system errors on that partition. Usually CHKDSK /f C: is enough to fix them.
    But that's just an assumption, if you would like to know the exact reason, it's required to make the issue appear again, then send a set of program log files to Support Team for analysis.

Re: Paragon 16 Restore failing at 50% for drive C

Thanks. Please close thread.