Thread: File not accesible/ SSD is broken ?

File not accesible/ SSD is broken ?

Location not available.jpgdisk management.jpg
    Hi
    I just install Paragon HFS+ for windows 11, and i still can't read my mac SSD. After instaling and rebooting my computer, the F: show up in ''This PC'' but when i clic on it, Location is not available, F: is not accesible, incorect function.
    (see the picture)
    In properties, there's no information of the drive. Used space 0 bytes, Free Space 0 bytes.
    In Disk management, there's no change since i instal Paragon, my drive show up in 5 part, status ''healthy'' but file system not showing ''HFS+'' (see the picture)

Am i doing something wrong ? Or my SSD is dead? I wish i can recover those files.
    By the way i'm on windows 10 and i use Envoy Pro from OWC

Sorry for my bad english

Thank's for your help
    Stephane

Re: File not accesible/ SSD is broken ?

Hey,
    I have the exact same issue as quoted by Steph. Trying to recover data from the primary SSD I used in my MacBook which broke a few months ago (Mac OS on one of the partitions). After installing Paragon HFS+ I can see 4 additional drives in Windows File Explorer, all of which are as described by Steph above, with the incorrect function error and no used/free space. However disk manager none of the drives are assigned a drive letter. I've not encrypted the drive, but there was a password on my MacBook which I would enter to login to my user account. Also on Windows 10
    Thanks
    Josh

Re: File not accesible/ SSD is broken ?

Hi!
    Have you checked, whether there's a Core Storage configuration active?
    At this moment, HFS+ for Windows software does not support Core Storage solution:
    https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/70