Thread: Formatting a HDD for Paragon Software use

Formatting a HDD for Paragon Software use

Hello All
    Just purchased the product today. I am using a windows 7 (64 bit) PC. I have a couple of hard drives which I would like to format. I want to create an image of my PC onto a WDC Passport external drive and then copy that image to one of these hard drives. The hard drive I have in mind was used in another PC. I don't mind formatting it (it has data from a year or two ago). I am wondering what is the best way to format the drive (one is 1 TB, another is 1.5 TB and a third is 2 TB) for use with restoring a Paragon image to it. Thanks!

Gil

Re: Formatting a HDD for Paragon Software use

You may want to delete the partitions on the respective destination disk. For a restore of a harddisk backup or a disk copy this wouldn't be necessary because the disk would be overwritten anyway. For a partition copy/restore you should delete the existing partitions in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    You may want to delete the partitions on the respective destination disk. For a restore of a harddisk backup or a disk copy this wouldn't be necessary because the disk would be overwritten anyway. For a partition copy/restore you should delete the existing partitions in advance.
    thanks, that worked!

Of course it did ;-)