I am using the new MacBook Pro with touch bar and running on Sierra. I have a licensed copy of Paragon NTFS installed. I have so many failed attempts at copying files from the MacBook to my external hard disk formatted to NTFS that I'm at my wits' end getting it to work.

I have formatted the external hard disk to NTFS using Paragon as well as using a Windows laptop directly. Each time, I made sure that the disk has no errors and was not a dirty volume by running chkdsk using a Windows laptop. I also made sure that files can be copied overly and opened in Windows. I use the backup software Synkron running on Windows to sync my Windows laptop files to the external hard disk. Everything works fine. I then chkdsk again to be sure the hard disk is working fine.

I then connected the hard disk to my MBP. I made sure that Paragon NTFS is running. After a few seconds of plugging in the hard disk, Paragon notifies me that the disk was mounted. Great. I was able to browse the folders and files in the mounted hard drive. I was also able to open the documents: word and pdf. Everything was ok.

But when I tried to copy files from my MBP to the external hard drive, it was excruciatingly slow. Not only was it slow, it hung the system. The hourglass keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. It took like 10 mins to copy over a 40MB file!!! Worst, after waiting for the hourglass to stop spinning so that I could do other things (which could take another 10 mins), I found that the external hard disk could not be accessed. After shutting down the MBP, I put the external hard disk over to Windows again to check its status. Windows found errors on the disk. Sometimes - if I'm lucky - Windows was able to repair the disk without any need to format it. Other times, I was forced to re-format the hard disk and lose 50GB of data!! Fortunately this is a backup disk, but I had to back up 50GB of files all over again.

This has been happening for the last one week. It's driving me crazy.

What am I doing wrong?! Please save me from going mad.

Chris