Thread: User manual 2013 Free

User manual 2013 Free

I have been able to download my version Paragon Backup & Revovery 2013 10.1.19.16240 (22.11.12 ) Free from my downloads page in the past. However the manual is no longer there for me to download after a system reset. I request a link to this manual please. I need to know how to mount a backup file to import certain data to my HDD.
    Last edited by David49; 22.02.17 at 23:43.

Re: User manual 2013 Free

Quote Originally Posted by David49 View Post
    I have been able to download my version Paragon Backup & Revovery 2013 10.1.19.16240 (22.11.12 ) Free from my downloads page in the past. However the manual is no longer there for me to download after a system reset. I request a link to this manual please. I need to know how to mount a backup file to import certain data to my HDD.
    If it's like other products, you select "partition view' of your archives, right click on the archive and select mount.

Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    If it's like other products, you select "partition view' of your archives, right click on the archive and select mount.
    Mine doesn't seem to have any partition view within archives.

I uninstalled my B&R 2013 Free, and installed B&R 2014 Free. There is a mounting feature in this program, but it is grayed out. I'm guessing that this is a feature to be unlocked by purchasing the product.

Ok, I was right. I clicked the "Unlock Features" button in the free program, and it took me right away to the Paragon HDM 15 suite to buy the program. So I bought and installed it. And I was able to harvest the files and folders I needed from the archive files. I was not happy at having to buy the program, but it turned out to be the best forty bucks I've spent in a long time.

You were wrong, wptski was right.
    The free version allows you to mount backups, any BU. ("grey out" because not "show partitions". Рaragon can mount only partitions, and regardless of whether the content of the backup - whole disks or folders and files - all can be mount as partitions.)

show_parts.jpg

Nevertheless, I think that the full version will not disappoint you. Especially since this HDM - not just tools for the backups, but a multi processor for a variety of operations on the hard disk (and other storages).

Quote Originally Posted by fireworker View Post
    You were wrong, wptski was right.
    The free version allows you to mount backups, any BU. ("grey out" because not "show partitions". Рaragon can mount only partitions, and regardless of whether the content of the backup - whole disks or folders and files - all can be mount as partitions.)

show_parts.jpg

Nevertheless, I think that the full version will not disappoint you. Especially since this HDM - not just tools for the backups, but a multi processor for a variety of operations on the hard disk (and other storages).
    Yeah, that's what I thought. But there seemed no way to get the partitions and the archive files together. I tried every combination of settings I could think of. The free program just didn't want to import archives into the views. And the "File Transfer Wizard" is also supposed to be able to mount the archives without having to create a drive letter. Didn't work for me. Just could not get it to work. But, yeah, I think I will be very happy with HDM 15 Suite. Thanks to all who weighed in and tried to help me.

BTW, I also have Acronis 2016. All I have to do to mount the archive is to go to my backup HDD and double click on the archive, select C:\, and it opens all the files for me. Sooo much easier.

Acronis traditionally more friendly and intuitive for users. But, in my opinion, much less functional (except the dubious options such as of backup Facebook messages). In addition, for deep integration into Windows, you have to pay PC resources and difficult to clean removal of program.
    Paragon HDM is superior than Acronis TrueImage + Universal Restore + DiskDirector, IMHO.