Thread: Issue with Backup & Recovery 16 saving to Synology NAS

Issue with Backup & Recovery 16 saving to Synology NAS

We recently installed a Synology NAS on our network and have configured Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 to point to the directory on the NAS for scheduled backups. The backups are erroring out and saving the backup file to a local folder on the C: drive under the program files\Paragon. It almost filled up the drive on the PC because of this. It's doing this on all 3 PC's that we are trying to backup. If i run the backup manually and monitor it, it will create a 34MB file on the NAS, but then start saving the backup to that local folder under program files. Please help!

Re: Issue with Backup & Recovery 16 saving to Synology NAS

Any help from Paragon Support? I really need to get this figured out!

AW: Issue with Backup & Recovery 16 saving to Synology NAS

No idea at all. Why don't you refer to Paragon's support and create a support ticket? This is a user forum.
    Grüße

Piet

This may or may not be the same issue but B&R16 has problems with NAS from the recovery environment. It can't read my WD MyCloud and my brother in law's Asustor AS5002T-2553.

It sees the Synology NAS just fine when browsing to it via the backup schedule setup. I checked today and 1 of the 3 PC's was successful with it's initial full image backup. The backup job settings are identical between all 3 PC's, so it's strange that 2 aren't working and are saving the backup data to a "Temp" local folder on the C: drive. The backup fails because it says there isn't enough disk space, which obviously is because there isn't enough space on the local drive for the image backup. I've included a screenshot.

Also has anyone else ever had the issue with not being able to submit a support ticket via the Paragon Support site? Every time i try to enter a ticket, the only option for product is "Other" and it says my product is not registered. I downloaded B&R 16 back in November when they had the deal going on for the "Full Version" for free, and have the registration confirmation emails.
    Attached Images Attached Images

AW: Issue with Backup & Recovery 16 saving to Synology NAS

Is it registered?
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */