Thread: Error code = 63 error message = cannot change disk layout

Error code = 63 error message = cannot change disk layout

I am attempting to create Recovery Media on a USB drive in order to start creating images with Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15. The creation process gets about 50% done but stops with the error in the Title. I have reviewed the error message from your knowledgebase, but my efforts from your suggestions did not help. I formatted the USB as 32 bit though it was already formatted that way. This is a brand new computer that has Windows 10 with Defender turned off. The software has been installed with Admin privileges as well as started with the same. The USB is accessible with nothing blocking it. There is no other scanning software since I have not completed the install for Symantec. Can you help please. Thanks

AW: Error code = 63 error message = cannot change disk layout

Despite I do not know what kind of filesystem "32 Bit" is ;-) I'd suggest to simply use another stick. This error message is often related to uncommon chips in the USB flash drive.

Re: AW: Error code = 63 error message = cannot change disk layout

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Despite I do not know what kind of filesystem "32 Bit" is ;-) I'd suggest to simply use another stick. This error message is often related to uncommon chips in the USB flash drive.
    I'm running into the same problem.. but with the newest Backup&Recovery 17 software.... and I tried it on two different USB sticks. Granted one is smaller (2gb I think) and the other is 8gb (but probably fubared).

so... looks like I'll be buying a new cheap USB stick (I'm not rich... nor middle class - if that still exists).

AW: Error code = 63 error message = cannot change disk layout

Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "RMB error code 63".
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

...before buying new one, try to format your USB to 'Linux swap' (in my case it work with MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro. v6.0). Paragon will format it later to fat 32...

Quote Originally Posted by booble View Post
    ...before buying new one, try to format your USB to 'Linux swap' (in my case it work with MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro. v6.0). Paragon will format it later to fat 32...
    That worked! Thank you very much!