Thread: Operation Failed: Error code 2684354849

Exclamation Operation Failed: Error code 2684354849

Hi - I have just purchased Migrate OS to SSD and am having a hard time trying to get the program to update the size of programs on my old HD in order to move onto the SSD migration stage?
    Everytime I try it says 'The Wizard has failed to calculate excludes size'
    IMG_20170210_185133.jpg

Please help!

Re: Operation Failed: Error code 2684354849

I don't know what it means 2684354849, and never used the MOS2SSD". But I find it strange decision - exclusion of "System Volume Information"(!?) and "Users" folders.
    I would not exclude out anything, but first tried to make SystemDrive to easier, as possible - manually delete the "found.00x" folders and non-important files, uninstall unnecessary programs, have emptied the Recycle Bin folder, and "temp" folders (%TEMP% and %TMP%)...

I have already done a disk cleanup and its still saying the same thing as in the image

(p.s. the deselected you see are the files that I don't want migrated)

Quote Originally Posted by funomoly View Post
    the deselected you see are the files that I don't want migrated
    oh. pardon me
    then. eg folders "found" is unnecessary.
    but "program files", "pfx86", "programdata" - important system folders needed for the OS

from my experience, the folder "users" often contains a large amount of data (eg. In a subfolders of "Documents", "downloads" ..) for see which occupied a lot of space is convenient using for example the app "scanner" by Steffen Gerlach.

I've had the same problem, as described in another thread, with further comments in yet another thread. My WAG is that you are attempting to exclude C:\Users, which after all is where most of us have most of our data that is too big to fit onto a small SSD. And it turns out that C:\Users is one of the folders that cannot be migrated (but some of its sub-folders can be.) If this is what is bothering the Migrate program, then certainly there should be a better error message.