Thread: Paragon Hard Disk Manager "Selected partition does not support this operation"

Question Paragon Hard Disk Manager "Selected partition does not support this operation"

I am on the trial of Paragon Hard Disk Manager for Mac (So I hope I can resolve this quickly! Heh) trying to see whether it can reliably do backups and restore of Boot Camp partitions on a Mac.
    I haven't tried WinClone yet because I have other Paragon Products registered already... would like to stick with one (well-known) brand, and I also get a discount for Paragon HDM as opposed to WinClone.

I am currently trying this on a mid-2011 Mac Mini, and when I try this:

1. Go to "Backup and Restore"
    2. Click "Create New Archive"
    3. Select the Windows OS in the top list (shows only 2: Windows OS and OS X) - which selects the correct NTFS "BOOTCAMP" Partition below
    4. Click "Continue"
    5. Click "Backup"

I get a pop-up that says "Selected partition does not support this operation".

ANY help (while I am still on my trial) would be appreciated!

My info:

Hard Disk Manager for Mac TRIAL Version 1.1.159 (Latest as of today)
    Mac Mini (mid-2011) running OS X Sierra 10.12.3 (Latest as of today)
    System Integrity Protection: DISABLED
    Partition Table: GPT + MBR
    Partitions:
    0. EFI (FAT32)
    1. MacOS (HFS+)
    2. Recovery HD (HFS+)
    3. BOOTCAMP (NTFS)

FYI - I am perfectly capable of booting into my Windows Boot Camp partition - there is nothing wrong with the Windows installation. THAT"s why I want to take a backup/snapshot! :-)

Thanks!

-Taka Torimoto
    Last edited by ttorimoto; 08.02.17 at 06:34.

Re: Paragon Hard Disk Manager "Selected partition does not support this operation"

Hi! Could you reproduce the issue and collect the logs using Hard Disk Manager? You can drop them here, send via private message or Facebook.

Re: Paragon Hard Disk Manager "Selected partition does not support this operation"

Quote Originally Posted by John Paragon View Post
    Hi! Could you reproduce the issue and collect the logs using Hard Disk Manager? You can drop them here, send via private message or Facebook.
    Thanks - sent you PM with link to Saved Logs in my Dropbox (couldn't figure out how to attach a file in the PM).

Please do let me know what you find out - thanks!