Thread: Possible to Create image to CD/DVD without starting the OS

Question Possible to Create image to CD/DVD without starting the OS

Hi,

I am curious to check if it is possible to create a bootable USB which I can boot from on a PC and then clone the hard drive onto a CD/DVD from the bootable USB?

Do Paragon Harddisk Manager 15 Professional handle this?

It will be PCs with different Windows versions that I would like to create a backup or image of and store for future possible restoring.
    I am about to wipe clean a couple of computers and would like to have a easy restore option from an image if things do not work out as I wish.

Thank you!

~Andie

Re: Possible to Create image to CD/DVD without starting the OS

No one who can provide an answer if it is possible?

~Andie

Quote Originally Posted by AndieB View Post
    Hi,

I am curious to check if it is possible to create a bootable USB which I can boot from on a PC and then clone the hard drive onto a CD/DVD from the bootable USB?

Do Paragon Harddisk Manager 15 Professional handle this?

It will be PCs with different Windows versions that I would like to create a backup or image of and store for future possible restoring.
    I am about to wipe clean a couple of computers and would like to have a easy restore option from an image if things do not work out as I wish.

Thank you!

~Andie

Quote Originally Posted by AndieB View Post
    it is possible?
    Briefly - yes, this is possible.
    I checked on a netbook (without DVD drive). HDM15 Linux-usb-pendrive allows back up to CD \ DVD \ BD as .PBF (the "old" format for backup) and .pvhd ("new" format "VD"). A HDM15 WinPE allows to backup on CD \ DVD \ BD only for .PBF.
    It seems so.

Thumbs up Re: Possible to Create image to CD/DVD without starting the OS

Quote Originally Posted by fireworker View Post
    Briefly - yes, this is possible.
    I checked on a netbook (without DVD drive). HDM15 Linux-usb-pendrive allows back up to CD \ DVD \ BD as .PBF (the "old" format for backup) and .pvhd ("new" format "VD"). A HDM15 WinPE allows to backup on CD \ DVD \ BD only for .PBF.
    It seems so.
    Thank you fireworker!
    I'll see what I can do.

Do you know if it is also possible to use the same software to create a hidden partition with a Windows installation on it and have a boot-start up option by pressing i.e. F11 key to choose to boot from that partition?

Thank you in advance!

~Andie

Yes, of course. HDM15 (in any form - established in Win, WinPE or Linux-based rescue media) enables the full range of operations to hide/unhide partitions and full access to the contents of the hidden partitions, too (such as my netbook Lenovo S10-3 must have the latest hidden partition Lenovo_Part for to run the program with his OKR by special button "novo" - this partitionn I did with HDM).
    "Simple" hidden NTFS partition is ID 0x17, Lenovo_Part - 0x12 Paragon Backup Capsule - 0xBC... BTW, the Paragon Backup Capsule turn to NTFS with HDM is difficult, sectors will have to manually edit - it is dangerous, but the Backup Capsule can specify the boot, and assign her any F-key and delay time.
    Sorry for my "runglish".BC.jpg