Thread: Will WindowsPE and Linux Recovery softwate live on the same USB flash drive?

Will WindowsPE and Linux Recovery softwate live on the same USB flash drive?

It's more for convenience than anything else.
    Last edited by John Paragon; 08.02.17 at 17:25.

Re: Will WindowsPE and Linux Recovery softwate live on the same USB flash drive?

Unfortunately, no

Re: Will WindowsPE and Linux Recovery softwate live on the same USB flash drive?

I sort of thought so. It's not that big of deal with flash drives as cheap as they are.

Thanks

Currently I'm away from home, but I have a netbook with Windows 7 x86 with installed HDM15 and WADK, as well as a USB flash drive. And that's what I do:
    1. I connect the flash drive, and run HDM, create WinPE on the flash drive.
    2. Copy all folders and files from the flash drive on the desktop in a separate folder.
    3. delete partitions from a flash drive (it don't necessarily, I for control), create a Linux-based PHDM rescue disk on the flash drive.
    4. copy from a folder on the desktop (folders: BOOT, EFI, SOURCES; files: BOOTMGR, BOOTMGR.EFI) on the stick.
    WinPE_content.jpg
    It's all. Now with this I can choice load WinPE or Linux Paragon Environment.
    WP_20170209_02_17_08_Pro.jpg

Niffty! I tried I tried that on my dual-boot W7/W10 on separate hard drives W10 as default. I first went into Paragon Recovery, closed that on it rebooted, wonder how you get back to the Linux menu? Tried again but selected "Hard disk 0 MBR" and got a black screen with a blinking cursor upper left corner of the screen but this might be because of the dual-boot configuration. It starts off booting the W10 HD which its told to continue or that I have selected the W7 drive.