Thread: Looking for a Backup solution

Question Looking for a Backup solution

I've been a happy customer of Acronis True Image for several years but the latest version has a serious flaw that I can't get around, So I am looking for a replacement. Can someone please answer a few very basic questions: (If it makes a difference I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit)

1) Is there a restriction on the number of drives to be backed up? I have two internal hard drives and one external USB drive. Can I back up all three?

2) Assuming I can, can I set up a separate backup schedule for each? For example backup my C drive daily, my D drive on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and my E drive on Tuesday and Thursday?

3) Can I back up to a NAS?

4) Can I run the software on multiple PCs, or do I need to buy separate licenses?

Thanks for your help

Re: Looking for a Backup solution

I can address a few questions.

Yes you backup as many drives as you want. Scheduled backups, I can't answer. I'd guess that you need a separate license for each PC but I could be wrong.

On the NAS, using W7 Pro 64-bit shouldn't be problem. If you were running W10 Pro 64-bit v1607 you'd have a problem as I've had a trouble ticket in for about four months and they are still working on it or so they say. W10 v1607 is supposed to be used with ADK v1607 but the recovery media can't find shares on my NAS using Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 Suite and the same goes for B&R 16. It works with ADK 8.1 but I'm unsure what is lost using the wrong ADK?? In the past there has been a new release of HDM in the last quarter of the year but no HDM16S yet and this ADK issue "might" be one reason.

I'm on a dual boot with W10 Pro/W7 Pro.

Thanks for the reply. The NAS issue is the deal breaker. Acronis True Image backs up just fine to my NAS, but won't let me restore. (I guess I should have bought a product with both "Backup" and "Restore" it its name

I'll download the free trial and see.

I spoke too soon. I found free trial version of B&R 14. Is there a free trial version of B&R 16?.
    Last edited by WPSIII; 28.01.17 at 17:28.

There was a free download of B&R16 not a free trial just free but that has expired. B&R16 is the only Paragon product that will run with another Paragon product on the same PC. Doesn't appear to be a free trial for B&R16.
    Last edited by wptski; 28.01.17 at 18:43.