Thread: Migrate OS to SSD 5.0 - Windows 10 Pro 64 Recovery Partition not Cloned to SSD

Migrate OS to SSD 5.0 - Windows 10 Pro 64 Recovery Partition not Cloned to SSD

I migrated Win 10 Pro 64 from an old HDD to a larger, new SSD. I can boot Win 10 from the SSD and all files and software is present on the SSD. However the Win 10 Recovery Partition (450 MB and no drive letter) did not get cloned from the HDD to the SSD. I am beginning to believe the software is not capable of migrating the Recovery Partition from the old drive to the new one. Is this truly the situation? If so it is a serious limitation as Windows RE can not be enabled from the same drive where the OS is located. If the old drive is removed then Windows RE is not available at all.

Re: Migrate OS to SSD 5.0 - Windows 10 Pro 64 Recovery Partition not Cloned to SSD

Not a general problem. I've just tried it and a similar WinRE partition was migrated. Must be something special with your partition. With a registered license of Migrate OS 5.0 you are entitled for support via your MyParagon account. I'd suggest to create a support ticket and provide logs for our support agents.
    Your Paragon Support Team