Thread: System will not restart after Paragon installation

System will not restart after Paragon installation

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1607 build 14393.693 and I am at the very end of doing a clean install on my system. The last program to install was the Paragon Software Suite 15 which was running fine on my system prior to this clean install. Paragon installed properly and then it needed to restart and that is when I ran into a serious problem, Windows would not boot. I needed to insert the Windows DVD and do a repair. That allowed the system to reboot and right after that I did a system restore. Luckily I had created a restore point before I installed the Paragon Software Suite.

Any suggestions on how I can get Paragon to properly install and work on my system?
    Thanks

Re: System will not restart after Paragon installation

Quote Originally Posted by Breimeister View Post
    I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit version 1607 build 14393.693 and I am at the very end of doing a clean install on my system. The last program to install was the Paragon Software Suite 15 which was running fine on my system prior to this clean install. Paragon installed properly and then it needed to restart and that is when I ran into a serious problem, Windows would not boot. I needed to insert the Windows DVD and do a repair. That allowed the system to reboot and right after that I did a system restore. Luckily I had created a restore point before I installed the Paragon Software Suite.

Any suggestions on how I can get Paragon to properly install and work on my system?
    Thanks
    I tried to install again and this time without adding the Hot Core Drivers and everything works fine as before. Maybe the Hot Core Drivers should come with a warning?

do not install those drivers ; I vaguely remember that they are for older versions of Windows

Lightbulb Re: System will not restart after Paragon installation

Quote Originally Posted by TCHAPAIEV View Post
    do not install those drivers ; I vaguely remember that they are for older versions of Windows
    At this moment searching for some step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade in general. There are so many different systems and situations, which might require different installation procedures.

I hope there are some guidance details about how to install. It could prevent situations as described in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Merel View Post
    At this moment searching for some step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade in general. There are so many different systems and situations, which might require different installation procedures.

I hope there are some guidance details about how to install. It could prevent situations as described in this topic.
    Merel is right "in general" but not for this particular case ; I maintain that one should not try installing hot core driver ( maybe there is some indication on Paragon'site ) on Windows 10 ; this driver works for older versions of windows prior to windows 7 I believe .....