Thread: Recovery Media Builder

Recovery Media Builder

I get an error message when I try to create the Recovery Boot Disk on my thumb drive. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Re: Recovery Media Builder

Hi! What message?

I'm also getting this message running a trial version 1.1.159 on Sierra. It seems to fail on the last step of putting the files on the prepared drive (HDM Recovery appears on the desktop) with a "OSStatus Error -69737". The task listed in the window is "Create HDM Boota...", so perhaps it can't make the drive bootable? After clicking OK on the error message, I don't see any files on the flash drive when I open it in Finder. I've tried a USB 2.0 flash drive as well, formatted as FAT. Booting in Safe Mode then letting HDM Mac add the needed extensions doesn't change the results.

Ok, well... just for the halibut, I installed a fresh copy of Sierra on an external drive and booted off that. The first attempt at running the Recovery Media Builder on a Kingston USB 3.0 flash drive seemed to stall out, so I force quit HDM Mac. There was no error message this time, but the progress bars had gone all the way to the right and RMB put files on the flash drive this time.

I decided to restart again and (still on the fresh install of Sierra) started the RMB again. Once again it seemed to stall out towards the end (it was slow overall, btw), but no error message. I let it go and it finally announced that the recovery media had been created. Elapsed time reported to create the media was 49 minutes 15.484 seconds.

Yo!