Thread: Loading disks and partitions information... spins forever

Loading disks and partitions information... spins forever

I installed Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 several months ago, and it looks like it's been creating backups daily.

But when I try loading the program, the initial screen displays "Loading disks and partitions information..." and spins forever. I have two local drives, plus a lot of additional mapped network drives on my desktop PC (approximately 20) and on those drives I have many hundreds of thousands of files. Could that be the problem? If not, what do I need to do to fix this?

Re: Loading disks and partitions information... spins forever

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Johnson View Post
    I installed Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 several months ago, and it looks like it's been creating backups daily.

But when I try loading the program, the initial screen displays "Loading disks and partitions information..." and spins forever. I have two local drives, plus a lot of additional mapped network drives on my desktop PC (approximately 20) and on those drives I have many hundreds of thousands of files. Could that be the problem? If not, what do I need to do to fix this?
    This is an old thread, that was obviously not answered. But I am having the same problem--trying to boot from the WinPE disk. As the WinPE loads, it gets stuck at the screen where it is trying to detect the drives. I don't have mapped network drives, but these would not appear when loading WinPE anyway. I did trace this, I think, to a SATA 2TB drive that is connected via eSATA. If anyone can respond, what is the solution for this?