Thread: Can a Boot CD Created from B&R 2013 Free still be used.

Can a Boot CD Created from B&R 2013 Free still be used.

When I was running Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit on my computer, I was using Backup & Recovery 2013 Free and I created a Boot CD that was permitted by that software. I successfully used that Boot CD on a number of occasions when I needed to Restore the Operating and System Reserved Partitions (I preferred to create a Restore file which combined both these Partitions in one go). I was also able to use this Boot CD when I had created Backups using the earlier versions of Backup & Recovery 14 Free.

Earlier this year I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Pro AU by using the Microsoft Upgrading offer. I am now wondering if I can still use the Boot CD to start my computer and then restore my several backup files, like those above, that I have created by using the latest version of Backup & Recovery 14 Free (ver 10.1.25.779).

I haven't yet tested the use of the Boot CD to see if it will work and so help to restore the latest backups I've made, and I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to use a CD in this way, and if it was successful.

I'd appreciate any advice and thoughts.

Thanks

AW: Can a Boot CD Created from B&R 2013 Free still be used.

BR 14 Free is compatible with Win 10, BR 2013 Free is not.

Please refer to Archive formats. BR 2013 Free can only create PBF format backups. BR 14 Free can create/restore either but handles the VD format as default.
    Your Paragon Support Team