Thread: Paragon NTFS For Mac - Unable to access to Hard Drive with v14 version

Paragon NTFS For Mac - Unable to access to Hard Drive with v14 version

Hello
    Since i downloaded the latest version v14.3.266 NTFS for mac, it's impossible to access to any HD.
    I tried on another mac with an older version and everything is ok.
    Is this a knowing issue with the new version ?
    Is it possible to downgrade to the previous version in order to make it work ?

Thank you

Mac os Sierra version 10.12.1.

Re: Paragon NTFS For Mac - Unable to access to Hard Drive with v14 version

Quote Originally Posted by ek333 View Post
    Hello
    Since i downloaded the latest version v14.3.266 NTFS for mac, it's impossible to access to any HD.
    I tried on another mac with an older version and everything is ok.
    Is this a knowing issue with the new version ?
    Is it possible to downgrade to the previous version in order to make it work ?

Thank you

Mac os Sierra version 10.12.1.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I can confirm that I'm experiencing the same problem with the latest version v14.3.266 NTFS for Mac.
    I am also using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1

AW: Re: Paragon NTFS For Mac - Unable to access to Hard Drive with v14 version

Hello ek333 and SteveS,

Looks like an ordinary issue of update installations: Did you uninstall the previous version? and then reboot the Mac? This is usually required in order to ensure the success of the new installation.

The activation of the license remains unchanged by uninstalling resp. update installations of NTFS for Mac 14.

Thumbs up SOLVED - Paragon NTFS For Mac - Unable to access to Hard Drive with v14 version

It works !
    Thank you Kwesi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwesi Mokambo View Post
    Hello ek333 and SteveS,

Looks like an ordinary issue of update installations: Did you uninstall the previous version? and then reboot the Mac? This is usually required in order to ensure the success of the new installation.

The activation of the license remains unchanged by uninstalling resp. update installations of NTFS for Mac 14.

This is a relatively old thread, but it still applies to me.

I've now opened two tickets for this problem, and the problem persists on both of my iMacs and both of my MacBooks. I have uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, and restarted, several times on each system.

Please fix this. Right now I can't mount any NTFS volumes on any of my Macs running MacOS Sierra 10.12.2. The error is "failure while trying to mount volume". The only way I can get the volume to mount is to disable Paragon, then mount. But after enabling Paragon, the drive is still not supported for writes, probably because the driver wasn't enabled when the drive was mounted.

I can't be the only one having this problem. It's not just my bootcamp volume, its everything I connect with NTFS.

Here is what the system.log says when I unmount and then try to mount again. The drive is NOT hibernated... it was a clean shutdown.

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 10.53.48 AM.jpg

I had the same problem. Disabling hibernation solved the issue.
    Instructions can be found here.

I have no issue with disabling hibernation as I use W10 not very often.